The Connections API returns connecting flights between two airports. It is very useful when flying in or out of smaller, regional airports such as Newark, NJ; Fort Lauderdale, FL; or Spokane, WA.
This API will return direct flights when available, followed by connecting flights. The results are ordered based on your preference of "First Flight In" or "Last Flight Out."
Please note that this product is currently in beta. FlightStats may make changes at any time. The interfaces described below are not yet finalized. Please contact our Help Desk if you have questions.
- Extended Options
- useHTTPErrors excludeAppendix languageCode:xx
- request, appendix, error, list of Schedules
- API Links:
- REST: WADL | XSD | JSON
- Click on the name of the web service to expand the test client interface.
- Fill out each required parameter (click app id & key to pre-populate with your credentials)
- Send Request to see the actual JSON response. You will also be provided with a curl invocation including a pre-formatted REST URL. To see the XML response, replace the json in the URL with xml.
- Please be aware that large responses may take a long time to pretty-print in your browser.
The dateTime value acts as a starting point for the engine to search for connecting flights. Depending on which end point you are using, it either searches backwards from the dateTime you specify (Last Flight In and Last Flight Out) or forwards from the dateTime you specify (First Flight In and First Flight Out). The default number of hours to search is 6. You can specify up to 24.
|excludeAppendix||Omits the reference data appendix in the output. The related option "useInlinedReferences" is not available in Connections|