The Connections API returns connecting flights between two airports. It is very useful when flying in or out of smaller, regional airports such as Newark, NJ; Fort Lauderdale, FL; or Spokane, WA.
This API will return direct flights when available. The results are ordered based on the score, a heuristic value based on multiuple factors such as length of the trip, number of connections, and how close the flight arrives/departs relative to the desired time.
The query results are available in XML or JSON format.
Important Note: This is a Premium API available within our Contract Plan.
- Extended Options
- useHTTPErrors excludeAppendix languageCode:xx
- request, appendix, error, list of Connections
- API Links:
- REST: WADL | XSD | JSON
- Click on the name of the web service to expand the test client interface.
- Fill out each required parameter (click app id & key to pre-populate with your credentials)
- Send Request to see the actual JSON response. You will also be provided with a curl invocation including a pre-formatted REST URL. To see the XML response, replace the json in the URL with xml.
- Please be aware that large responses may take a long time to pretty-print in your browser.
Connections Extended OptionsThese can be used in conjunction with other Extended Options to customize API behavior to fit specific needs.
|excludeAppendix||Omits the reference data appendix in the output. The related option "useInlinedReferences" is not available in Connections|