The Weather API includes METAR, TAF (Terminal Aerodrome/Area Forecast), and Zone Forecasts.
- METAR reports provide up-to-date information on current weather conditions at an airport; we enrich these reports with tag annotations identifying prevailing conditions and notable hazards that may impact aviation.
Our two forecast products, TAF and Zone Forecasts, are complementary in scope.
- TAF provides a detailed forecast for the immediate vicinity of an airport, generally covering a 9 to 12 hour window (sometimes greater).
- Zone Forecasts provide longer-term and more geographically broad outlook via day-by-day forecasts generally stretching up to about a week in the future.
- One or more of:
Zone Forecast Response
- Long Term Support (?)
REST: WADL | XSD
- Extended Fields (?)
REST: JSON | WADL | XSD
- Click on the name of the web service to expand the test client interface.
- Fill out each required parameter (click app id & key to pre-populate with your credentials)
- Send Request to see the actual JSON response. You will also be provided with a curl invocation including a pre-formatted REST URL. To see the XML response, replace the json in the URL with xml.
- Please be aware that large responses may take a long time to pretty-print in your browser.